My Media Studies Blog. Enjoy :)

Wednesday 3 November 2010

For Sure, It's Horror

After watching several opening sequences for the genre of social realism, I am entirely sure that I want to do one based on the horror genre.  I like this genre much more, and I think there are a lot of different things I could do with it.  However, I need to be careful in not making the opening sequence appear tacky and cheap, as it is very easy to fall into that trap. 

I now realise that my Fate/house of mirrors idea is fairly unfeasible, as that would involve using a lot of other props that I simply don't have access to.  I still like the idea of playing with mirrors, however I would need to do some further research into how I could use them effectively, and not make it look poorly done. 

Another Idea
I did have another idea for the opening sequence, which goes like this:
There is a teenage girl sitting at her dressing table, doing her make-up and listening to music when the phone from the living room rings.  She shouts down to ask her brother to answer it, as she is busy and he is the only other person home.  The phone continues ringing, and she shouts a little louder in case he didn't hear him.  The phone stops ringing so she continues getting ready, moving from the dressing table to the wardrobe to pick out her outfit.  She runs down stairs to see who was on the phone, but finds it hanging from cord.  She looks around the house, trying to find him, and the sequence ends with her at the main door letting out a scream because she's seen something outside.
As I was writing this idea, I was actually getting quite excited at the thought of filming this.  It would be much easier to do, as nothing especially special would be needed. 

And I'm rather happy because I got an A in my preliminary task! Whoop! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment