My Media Studies Blog. Enjoy :)

Wednesday 5 January 2011

More Editing!

After two weeks of no blogging due to Christmas Break, it's good to be back!  Now that the holidays are over, the editing really begins.  The deadline for the first copy of the opening sequence is due January 21st, so it's important that I start to get my editing done.  
So far I have edited about 45 seconds of the final 2 minutes, so I am pleased I am making some progress.  
Below are a couple of screen shots of my up-to-date editing.






What's changed?
I've decided to order the shots slightly differently to what I had on my animatic for a couple of reasons:

  • The story makes more sense in this order as the shots do not jump from one to another
  • The titles fit in better and do not disrupt the flow of footage

I think with these changes, the final product will be of a higher quality and look better :)


Transitions
The main transition I have chosen to use in my opening sequence is one called 'Fade In Fade Out Dissolve' as I think it best shows the effect I was going for.  I use this effect after each title, as I did not want just a 'cut' from title to shot, as I think that's a little dull.  It's not a big transition, but I am happy knowing that it is slightly different from the rest of the footage.    It's a n easy transition to use, but there were several others that I also might use later in the opening sequence, just for a little bit of variation.  




In this screen shot, I am working on the wardrobe section of the opening sequence.  I am really please with how this part is progressing, as I have used quite a lot of match-on-action .  

No comments:

Post a Comment